Monday 13 April 2009

The New Queen of the Cold


I've decided to make the Queen of the Cold a bit more visually interesting, a bit more Kirbyesque, and potentially a bit more nasty, hence this redesign. She's now got the pose and the sword I'd previously given to the Queen of Blood - can anyone guess the obscure 80s album cover I've lifted the pose from? - which means I've got to do a redesign for the QoB as well, but that's OK 'cause I want to. The sword - as well as emphasizing her new more martial aspect - also links to the Swords suite of the Tarot, which is vaguely linked to emotional detachment, emphasizing the intellect rather than the emotions, kind of like the Queen of the Cold here...

2 comments:

the sebaceous funk said...

I love the icicles. Very cool the way they are faceted. I think snow flakes should float around her when she moves. This is great stuff.

Sina Sparrow said...

Ooh! Showflakes! I love it! Do you know in the original story of the Snow Queen, snowflakes are described as being like little buzzing white bees, and that is why she is the Snow *Queen*, as in "Queen Bee"? Isn't that great?!